Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Distractions

I’m back in the studio working: twice this week. Woo hoo.

Today, I heard a crash. While drawing, my cat knocked over my tripod. The legs of the tripod are taped in a precise location for my stop motion work. It is important that the camera and the lights stay in the same place every shot for consistency. But not today. This is the same cat who wants in the room and then, once inside, he immediately wants to be let out. If I shut the door he cries and paws at the door.  According to one veterinarian this cat is “the loudest cat I’ve ever heard.” This veterinarian was in his 60s, at least.

As soon as I opened the door to the studio, the other cat jumped up onto the table and looked at me. She decided to lie on all of my papers in the middle of the table-the table where I often have print outs and books I’m working on. It’s like I need to clear a place for her as well. And she’s stocky, not fat, but stocky. This particular cat is also a chewer and I have watched her chew off a corner of a print so really nothing of any value can be left out. I’ve found cords chewed in half as well as folders and books with chewed off corners so I’m always vigilant with this one.

The other day one of them, I’m pretty sure the loud one, killed a mouse and left it right where I plug in my computer in the studio. It wasn’t so much the sight of the mouse but the surprise of it all. Why did he have to leave it there right where I would get up close and personal with the poor, dead thing?

These are my monsters and distractions: cats in the studio.

"The light is perfect, just stay there. Dammit!"

In
Out, but considering going in

Chewer


No comments:

Post a Comment