Tuesday, February 27, 2018

alison art residency

I am in the Seattle area for my second artist residency of 2018. This is the second time I've been to the area. The pacific northwest is quite nice for making photographs. The silvery water, the soft quality of light and mist, make for some stunning photographs. And there's something very cinematic about the place too. Without much in mind as far as goals (My only goal is to be in the forest) I've brought my cameras and I plan to make images every day. I'll post the ones I've edited from the digital camera.

I am also researching the area. Glaciers from the last ice age melted and made the puget sound and its various inlets. I'm near Hammersley inlet. I read about George Washington Bush, a man of color who settled here and was generous with other pioneers. He settled in nearby Olympia after coming from St. Louis.



No comments:

Post a Comment