Thursday, February 19, 2015

Day 8

I’m tired. I did what I set out to do today: three shoots at three different locations and two of them involved an installation. Hiking around the property at OAC has been good for me. But the cold, the uncooperative light, and a camera shutter that likes to stick in the cold made for a slightly more stressful day. I spent most of the time in the dream house, a small house on the property with the year, 1930, carved into the cement foundation.


After the 4 hours outdoors I came back to meet with Mark and a community member, Jan, who leads docent tours at the art center here. It was good to see my housemate’s work at the meeting. Rachel is a videographer and makes some beautiful work. I showed the group the beginnings of my projects. I yearn for that feeling of completion where I can say, ‘this is it, this is what I can do,’ but I’m not there yet. A potential show at the OAC art center will be plenty of motivation to complete my projects though.





No comments:

Post a Comment