Friday, February 13, 2015

The OAC residency day 2

Today is day 2 of my residency experience. As an orientation, I walked the grounds with Mark, the director of Osage Arts Community, and met several animals along the way. I am amazed by the ambition of artists and what they can accomplish with their ability to make a lot out of seemingly nothing. Mark has a ‘know no bounds attitude’ towards the Osage Arts Community, which is inspiring.

I also got to indulge in my curiosity to maybe own pigs and chickens, and even a cow one day. This is just a curiosity. Today proved I know very little about what that kind of work entails. Some major issues I would need to grapple with are my unwillingness to get dirty and touch dirty things. I also want to pet livestock animals like they are house cats, which is probably a mistake. I found displeasure in smelling the smells only a barn could produce. But above all, I noticed that I am not going to automatically climb over a fence to join the animals unless I am strongly advised to do so. But I will say the animals on the property seem very healthy and happy.


My artwork work has progressed some. It snowed last night and I hope to use snow for one of my installations. Because of the tour, I was able to scout out locations for photographs. I also researched the Osage tribe, who once resided in this area. So the planning has begun.







No comments:

Post a Comment