Monday, October 2, 2017

Back to Osage Arts Community

This weekend I had the pleasure of returning to the Osage Arts Community, located near Belle, Missouri. The OAC hosts writers, musicians, composers, and visual artists throughout the year for their AIR program. It was perfect timing as I needed to shoot some more videos for the Excavations section of the project I am working on. I wanted to shoot the video on location and returning to the place where I started the project, at the OAC, made sense.

In addition to shooting video, I had the chance to reconnect with the artists there and revisit the building and infrastructure plans of OAC, which continues to impress. All I can say is if every small town in mid America had an arts program like the OAC, we'd live in a very different and, I argue, better world. Check out their work here.

Below are photographs I took while there for the weekend. I will not be able to show the videos until they are edited and to my liking but these images reveal the immense beauty of this region. I am also totally smitten with the dogs on the property.


sorry not sorry, Mark

two chairs on the Gasconade river

exactly







No comments:

Post a Comment